cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Work Queue Data

FuadMoalin
Level 3
Hi all,

I am currently struggling to extract information from a work queue. I've got a process that stores information within a work queue and I need to extract it to place the information into a collection.

I've used the 'Get Next Item' action along with the 'Get Item By ID' action however it only pulls in 1 work queue item from the work queue. It continues to loop through all the other Item IDs however the collection in which I'm storing the data does not increase.

I've added my work process for the 'Get Next Item' scenario below to get a viewpoint

36857.png
1 REPLY 1

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi @Fuad Moalin

​First you need to understand is that the Items in the Work Queue have different status. (Pending, completed, expectioned and locked).

When you use the actions "Get Next Item" you get first item in the Queue that is in pending status. This turn the item into a locked status to prevent other process or runtime resources to work at the same time with this item. If you don't mark it as completed or with exception or pending again, its turn automatically as Exceptioned. 

I comment this, cause you are turning as exceptioned all the process with this loop.

So... how to get all the items.

For this you have some options. Blue Prism has the internal VBO Works Queue, here you have 4 different actions to get all the items in the Queue.

- Get Pending Items
- Get Completed Items
- Get Exception Items
- Get Locked Items

All of this 4 actions returns you a collection with all items by state

36856.png
But with this you only get the Item Id. You need to performe a loop and use the Action "Get Item Data" to get all the information of the item.

I put you here an interesting article of how Work Queues works: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-7/en-us/control-queues.html

Hope this helps you! And if this solves the problem, remember mark as the best answer!

See you in the Community, bye 🙂