Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False truth in Font identification

HongJooChoi
Staff
Staff
Hi, Community

Can anyone let me know to improve the performance of font identification function in Blue Prism or suggest another way for font identification?

I've got the wrong result from the testing of font identification function of Blue Prism as shown below. This type false truth case occurs intermittently. FYI, this test was done with font smoothing disabled and display ratio adjusted to 100% as well. 

16855.png
Your help would be much appreciated.

Best regards

------------------------------
HongJoo Choi
------------------------------
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

The font identification within Blue Prism was always a bit hit and miss,  i suspect it has not been improved for several years.

A good tip for getting it to work is to play around with the letters you give it to identify the font you have.  Also,  looking at the bit of text you have shown in the box - do you have font smoothing turned off on your desktop,  this font stuff will never work if the OS is busy making the fonts fuzzy.

I used to start out by comparing my font to lots of other fonts online.  There also used to be (maybe they still exist) some only font search tools.  I would then play round with size until i had something that matched (or nearly matched).
If you cannot find a matching font,  then the next step is to do a really thorough testing of the  OCR functionality built into the tool for reading text.  If that is not accurate then you will need to use the Font Editor to build your own font,  font editor is found in the System part of the product.  There should be some training on how to do that in the BP University LMS somewhere.