cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a file with a changing name

RobertWashingto
Level 2
Long time listener, first time caller

I'm working on an automation where i need to retrieve an excel file as a collection.  The problem is the file name changes as the last part is populated by the date and time of creation by the business area  eg. 'MonthlyOutputReport_02012020_0711'

Is there a way i can search for the file and use some kind of wildcard for the time stamp after the date?

Alternatively is it possible to return all the file name from a directory into a collection?

Any help appreciated.

------------------------------
Robert
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

LucaValente
Staff
Staff
Hi Robert,

you can use the "Utility - File Management" VBO included in the BP installation folder ("Blue Prism Automate\VBO") to retrieve the files from a folder into a collection (specifically you can use the action "Get Files").

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LucaValente
Staff
Staff
Hi Robert,

you can use the "Utility - File Management" VBO included in the BP installation folder ("Blue Prism Automate\VBO") to retrieve the files from a folder into a collection (specifically you can use the action "Get Files").

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Nicolaas_GSwart
Level 2
Hi Robert

You can use the "Get Files" action within the "Utility - File Management" VBO. In the "Patterns CSV" input you can use a wildcard for the timestamp after the date.
This will ensure you only retrieve the specific file.

Nicolaas G Swart
Advisory - PI
EY Namibia
Africa/Windhoek