cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Cell Value

NorbertFlorczak
Level 2

In my project, I want to calculate cryptocurrency prices based on past day data. My Excel sheet looks like this:
17274.png

Day '17.02.2024' I calculate by using the 'Get Cell Value' action, and in the calculation stage, I use the formula '[counter + 1]'. 
17275.png
17276.png

Is it possible to retrieve the value from the next day without changing the data manually and make the process more automated for other days?

------------------------------
Norbert Florczak

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Adding to what Leonardo said, collecting all the data into a collection might be the best option, but there are many ways to achieve your desired outcome.

In this scenario, what I would suggest is collecting all the data into a collection and then filtering the Date column (Column B) based on the specific date you want to retrieve.

For example;

Using Utility - Collection Manipulation:Filter Collection

Input Data: Collection

Input Data Filter: 

"[Date] like '"$[Next Day]$"%'"

[Date] will be the column name where the date ats, the name of the column could vary to [Column2]

[Next Day] will be the variable that you want to find in the collection.

"%" is used as a wildcard to represent zero or more characters in a text string within a clause, so you dont have to worry about the hours.

Keep in mind that this is only one way to do that of many.

Regards!

If this was helpful, please mark it as the best answer 🙂

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte
America/Santiago

Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10
Hello,

A suggestion would be for you to capture the data and transcribe it to the blue prism collection, with the data in memory it is possible to carry out the processing according to the business rules using loops and necessary conditionals that you wish and then transcribe it to the output spreadsheet, it is worth Just pay attention to the final text format for each column.

Regards

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

Adding to what Leonardo said, collecting all the data into a collection might be the best option, but there are many ways to achieve your desired outcome.

In this scenario, what I would suggest is collecting all the data into a collection and then filtering the Date column (Column B) based on the specific date you want to retrieve.

For example;

Using Utility - Collection Manipulation:Filter Collection

Input Data: Collection

Input Data Filter: 

"[Date] like '"$[Next Day]$"%'"

[Date] will be the column name where the date ats, the name of the column could vary to [Column2]

[Next Day] will be the variable that you want to find in the collection.

"%" is used as a wildcard to represent zero or more characters in a text string within a clause, so you dont have to worry about the hours.

Keep in mind that this is only one way to do that of many.

Regards!

If this was helpful, please mark it as the best answer 🙂

Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte
America/Santiago

Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte