cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Collection Fields incorrectly defines Date and Time fields as DateTime

ScottRobson
Level 6
In Utility - Collection Manipulation, action Get Collection Fields is returning a DataType of DateTime for any fields formatted in the input collections as either Date, Time or DateTime.

Looking at the global code, there is a Function defined as GetBluePrismDataType, which uses a case statement to categorise the Data Type, based on the DotNetType value returned.

Is the issue with this global code, or is the DotNetType function actually flawed?

If anyone has any ideas of how this action/code stage could be 'fixed', I would be forever in your debt!

Thanks

UPDATE - I've just realised that there is some new steps in the Global Code in the latest packaged VBO version for V6.8, which does look like it was put in there to deal with the issue.... however, these new functions do not appear to be called anywhere in the Object!  I've updated the Global Code in our Object, but it still doesn't work.

This makes me think that the issue was acknowledged, but  perhaps hasn't been sorted?
2 REPLIES 2

ScottRobson
Level 6
Have 'solved' this with a logic bodge.  It's not pretty, but it works!

37084.png
Unfortunately won't work, if the input Collection is blank (will just return the data definition as it would have done previously), but i'm happy to live with that.

Workaround is good, thanks for sharing