cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Window Title

PierluigiDe_Vit
Level 2
Hi all, I would like to know how to find the relative window title of a Pid. I tried to use the Read Memory Stats but it only gives me the Pid and no information on the window title. How can I do it?

------------------------------
Pierluigi De Vitis
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

Please try the latest version of Utility - General from DX. It has an action called Get Windows that might help.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi, Thank you very much for the reply, I used this action only with two open tabs it gives me the same pid for both. How do I solve it?

Pierluigi De Vitis

Hi, Yes It gives the PID of the main process only. You might have to customize the VBO to get all child PIDs.

Do you need this info for attaching application using Navigate stage? What's the use case?

Shashank Kumar
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

yes I need the Pid to do the browser attack. Could you tell me how to modify the VBO?

Pierluigi De Vitis

You should be able to attach to the browser with the retrieved PID. Have you already tried that?

Shashank Kumar
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Yes I tried, the problem is that by doing so it finds me the same Pid and I have to do the attachment with two different sites, only one is successful

31322.png

Pierluigi De Vitis

Try This -
C:\WINDOWS\system32>tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq msedge.exe" /v

Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage Status          User Name                                              CPU Time Window Title
========================= ======== ================ =========== ============ =============== ================================================== ============ ========================================================================
msedge.exe                   17808 Console                    2    180,504 K Running         ***username***                                      0:00:17 Get Window Title | Blue Prism Product and 2 more pages - Work - Microsof
msedge.exe                     424 Console                    2     11,112 K Running         ***username***                                      0:00:00 N/A
msedge.exe                    1832 Console                    2    125,940 K Running         ***username***                                      0:00:04 N/A
msedge.exe                   19916 Console                    2     43,700 K Running         ***username***                                      0:00:04 OleMainThreadWndName
msedge.exe                    5196 Console                    2     22,096 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:00 N/A
msedge.exe                   13600 Console                    2     57,892 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:01 N/A
msedge.exe                   25696 Console                    2     56,816 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:01 N/A
msedge.exe                   24420 Console                    2    112,796 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:03 N/A
msedge.exe                   22108 Console                    2    141,372 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:09 N/A
msedge.exe                   13180 Console                    2     29,508 K Running         ***username***                                      0:00:00 OleMainThreadWndName
msedge.exe                   20736 Console                    2    131,584 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:08 N/A
msedge.exe                   25992 Console                    2     58,216 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:00 N/A
msedge.exe                   21856 Console                    2     68,948 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:01 N/A
msedge.exe                   15108 Console                    2    140,744 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:12 N/A
msedge.exe                   25248 Console                    2     32,936 K Unknown         ***username***                                      0:00:00 N/A​

Hope This Helps,
Regards

WeitghtRPAMatey
WeitghtRPAMatey