cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome Browser mode issue in Blue Prism 6.7.3

SourishMukherje
Level 3

We are facing a lot of Browser mode issue in the Production environment. After processing the first couple of cases of the queue perfectly, the Browser mode suddenly stops working, especially after restarting/killing-launching of Chrome application. Have tried with different methods of restarting Chrome, like using kill stage, terminate window in navigate stage chrome object, alt+F4, killing chrome using batch file, but none seems to eliminate the browser mode issue. We have included a good amount of wait time between killing and launching Chrome. Also included the force renderer accessibility parameter while launching chrome with url and added that in application modeler as well. Currently researching on every alternate ways possible and any kind of help is appreciated.  
Current version of Google Chrome: 107.0.5304.107
The current extension installed: 2.1.0.

UPDATE: We were successful in reducing the number of Browser mode issue instances by reducing the kill-relaunch of Chrome wherever possible in the process flow. 

------------------------------
Sourish Mukherjee

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Mate,

Please refer to How to fix Chrome Edge Blue Prism extension issuehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85VRlTDq1O0

Hope this helps,
Regards

WeightyRPAMatey
Asia/Kolkata
WeitghtRPAMatey

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the suggestion. According to the youtube video that you have posted, the option of running Google Chrome even when closing the browser needs to be unchecked in the settings.  I have already tried that but it did not resolve the issue.
Please let me know if you have any other solutions/workaround. 

Thank you.

Sourish Mukherjee

It's a known issue since 6.4 and got fixed 6.10.3 version (see below screenshot)

30281.png

Orlando Velarde

Hi Mate,

I am currently on 6.10.1 and I have no such issue.
Another thing that I can think of is cache. My go to solution is to run browser in Incognito mode.

Hope this Helps
Regards

WeitghtRPAMatey
WeitghtRPAMatey

Thanks for the input.

Sourish Mukherjee
Software Development Senior Analyst
NTT DATA

Hi Rohit,

We are using Browser mode in incognito as well in some scenarios. But still the Browser mode is disappearing after some killing-relaunching of Chrome. Probably a thing with the version as mentioned in one answer in this thread. But we were successful in reducing the number of Browser mode issue by reducing the Chrome relaunch actions.

Thanks,

Sourish

Sourish Mukherjee
Software Development Senior Analyst
NTT DATA