cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble typing object names

ArunK_J
Level 4

Hi Team,

I am having trouble typing object names in Blue Prism. The program is automatically selecting items based on the first letter I type, so I have to copy and paste the full object name to get it to work correctly. Is this a known issue? Is there any settings change that I can do to resolve this?

------------------------------
Arun K J
Consultant - Automation Developer
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Arun,

This an issue only keen observers will notice.

A simple solution is to click the box and start typing the object name. If you do click on the drop down button instead and type the chars.

For your understading,

1. If you type in box without opening drop down, the character you type works as StartsWith. Whereas,
  2. If you click on the dropdown and then type, the character will work as InStr.

Hope this Helps.

WeitghtRPAMatey

WeitghtRPAMatey

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

harish.m
MVP

Hi Arun K J,

Assuming you are referring Action stage:

My question is are you referring object name or action name. In general object name you can type the whole name in case of action name  it will auto populate based on the first letter  but you can navigate all the actions by selecting the first letter multiple times

Ex: MS Excel VBo Action: Get Active Cell, Get  Active cell value, get Formatted cell value …..

In the above example if you select "G" in the action name in the first instance it will populate "Get Active cell" if you select again "G" then it will go to "Get Active cell value" similarly for get formatted cell value..

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hey,

No I believe you are talking about the suggestions loading in the drop down as we type in the Object or Action field. That is my expected results.

But the issue I'm facing is, when I want to type "Collections" to  see the available objects with that keyword, as I type C itself, instead of showing me the suggested result, it is by default selecting the first result that has a "C" in it. Now if I try to enter the second letter O, instead of loading results for "CO", it automatically selects the first result starting with letter O and not CO. So basically whatever word I try to enter, with each letter I'm typing it is selecting the first result based on that letter and not providing me the corrrect result. Expected result would be a list of available objects with the word "Collections" in it.

Arun K J

Hi Arun,

This an issue only keen observers will notice.

A simple solution is to click the box and start typing the object name. If you do click on the drop down button instead and type the chars.

For your understading,

1. If you type in box without opening drop down, the character you type works as StartsWith. Whereas,
  2. If you click on the dropdown and then type, the character will work as InStr.

Hope this Helps.

WeitghtRPAMatey

WeitghtRPAMatey

Hi Rohit, 

Your suggestion had helped. Thank you!

Arun K J