cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get all process and object names list from Blue Prism?

How can I get all process and object name list from Blue Prism?
It is fine in any form be it excel, notepad, collection.
I know we can take manually from the database manually but is there any automated way to get all names?

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
9 REPLIES 9

DaveMorris
Level 14
Edit: I think the below information is still helpful, but as Geoff and Eric noted about AutomateC literally minutes before I finished my post about AutomateC, that's the way to do it in an automated fashion (or through the utility linked by Eric). Scroll down for explicit instructions on using AutomateC either through my instructions or the link provided by Geoff.

System tab > System group > Reporting > Built-in Reports > Logging > Generate.

20340.png

This is an example of what the output looks like. It's a CSV that I've opened in Excel:
20341.png

There's also a report called "System" there too that contains what you're looking for, but it's not as easy to use since it's not column based.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

GeoffHirst
Staff
Staff
Hi,

Thanks for using Blue Prism and being a Blue Prism customer.

If you would like to take a look at the documentation for the switches to the AutomateC.exe command line I think you will be able to achieve exactly what you need. The documentation is here.

I hope this helps, please come back to me if you need any further assistance.

regards

Geoff Hirst
Consultant - Digital Exchange - EMEA
Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji,

There are a few ways to do this. @Dave Morris  has shown you how to do it via the Interactive Client. There's also a utility VBO on the DX that you can use if you needed to work with this information ​​​as part of a process.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/process-information-utility-2

You can also use AutomateC to gather process and object information. Take a look at the help files for the specific command line switch.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

DaveMorris
Level 14
I just noticed you mentioned "automated way to get all names". I still think it's good to know the Report generation, but I didn't actually answer your question. Haha! Sorry.

So, let me try again. 😃

For an automated way to get processes and objects, you can use an AutomateC CLI command.

To test it out, open Command Prompt, and change directory to the Blue Prism Automate folder.

cd C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate

Then do a simple command (choose one of the below based on your auth method):

automatec /listprocesses /user <username> <password>
automatec /listprocesses /sso

And of course you can put it into a file by doing something like this:

automatec /listprocesses /user /sso > C:\Test\processlist.txt

Output looks like this:
20342.png

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Haha, I was typing instructions for using AutomateC as you posted this. I realized he was asking for an automated way only after posting the first time. =)

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

LOL, Two of you posted about AtuomateC while I was posting a second time to correct myself to give him an automated way instead of a manual way. It's too early for me to do things right the first time. =)

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Hey hi @ewilson,
I found that you mentioned about Utility VBO as a solution of Tejaskumar Problem. Can you please elaborate You're talking about Which Utility or VBO.
I searched available Utilities ,VBO's but unable to find any specific action which provide us Process or Object Names as output.​

SANMATI NAVALE

Hi Sanmati,

Thank you for being an SSC Blue Prism customer and for using Blue Prism. The asset Eric was referring to, I believe, is this one. https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/process-information-utility-2

Please follow this link and take a look at the asset and if it doesn't meet what you need come back to me and I will see if I can find anything else.

regards

Geoff Hirst
Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA
SS&C Blue Prism
Geoff Hirst Senior DX Engineer - Digital Exchange - EMEA SS&C Blue Prism

Hey thank you @Geoff Hirst, I got it.
Somehow i manage thoes things at that point.
But i'll look into ​https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/process-information-utility-2 for further refrence.
Thank you again.

SANMATI NAVALE