cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable BluePrism Hub "Create password" mail.

Hi,

Do you know if there is possibility to disable somehow introduction mail "Create password" send by Hub to user within first domain login?
Native users login option is disabled.

35330.png
stuffautomation.com
3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Wojciech,

I'm not sure of a way to disable just these types of emails in particular, but if you want to disable emails Hub in general you could alter the Email Settings here.

@SteveBoggs I know, but we don't want to disable whole email functionality.​
stuffautomation.com

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Wojciech,

The email in your screenshot should only be sent under certain conditions. If you don't create or setup a specific user, but rather add users who are members of the added security groups, they will be automatically added to the specified Role and have an account created in Hub when they sign in for the first time.
I understand your doubts due to this section of the "Add an Active Directory User" page
but it also says:

According to the Registration chapter, "The user receives an email providing a one-time use link to complete registration by entering a password and they can then access Interact" -- Does the user get asked to set the password again after setting it up and then using the "Log in using active directory" option afterwards? (See 'Approve a Request')

It could also be the case that this does not apply for any LDAP users (see here), who would still be required to create and enter their credentials to log in.

If you feel this could be a potential product defect/oversight and not working according the requirements set out in our documentation, I would encourage you to open a Support ticket so we could investigate further. This may be an Enhancement Request to allow an option to disable these types of emails, however.