cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force Blueprism to open two applications in different browsers

RikKotter
Level 2
Hi!

For a project, I have been using Blueprism to automate a process. In this process, two different web applications are used. I am launching both of these applications in Google Chrome. 

For the last two months, both of these applications have been opening in different browsers, which of course both have their unique window title to identify them by. However, now after publishing the process and using it in production, BP has been opening the applications as two tabs in the same browser MOST OF THE TIME. Sometimes it does open them in separate browsers, which allows the process to run without a hitch. 

Now, I could reprogram part of the process to use two tabs instead of two browsers, but the shorter and easier solution would be to somehow make sure it opens in two browsers. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The program right now is run on a different account & computer (on a VDI) than when testing, maybe this could be the issue?

Below I added the launch step for the second application. Fairly simple, but somehow it works differently at different times.
35218.png
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Referring to the screenshot you have shared, if you specify path param with IE/Chrome exe path then it should launch the respective browser.

MichealCharron
Level 8
@Rik Kotter

Concatenate the Chrome command line switch "--new-window" ​to your "URL" data item to open in a new browser window. So your "CommandLineParams" parameter would be:
"--new-window " & [URL]​

Two mistakes I see people do constantly is they miss the double hyphens at the start and the space before the closing double quote.

That switch can also be used with MS Edge.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

PRASANTHM
Level 5
Hi 

Here you go 

35214.png
Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer

ÖzençGezgin
Level 4
Hi Rik Kotter,

It is easy.

In the application Modeller, you can set your browser path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\new_msedge.exe 

After set the application modeller, every launch action will be in the new browser window.

35216.png
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\" Folder dont have "new_msedge.exe". But it works, you can try this.

35217.png

Have a nice day...