cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prepare an email as draft in a shared mailbox

JelleKoning
Level 2

Hi!

For a client I have to draft an email which can't be sent through RPA due to legal reasons.
Ideally, I would like to prepare a set of emails, which the user then only has to check and click send on.

However, I haven't yet found a way to do this.
One method I am currently using to make sure the email is not sent, but rather saved as draft, is leaving the "To" fields open. This way, the email is drafted fully and saved to my personal draft folder. However, I haven't been able to make it so the draft goes to the shared mailbox draft folder. Otherwise the mail would just get stuck in the draft folder of our robot account.

Is there any way to make it so we can draft emails in a shared mailbox folder through blueprism? Ideally even with the recipient in the "To" field?

I know we could work around this by sending the email to the client and having them forward it, but having to consistently delete the FW: and other automatic extra pieces of text seem like preventable waste and would limit the results of this robot.

We are using BP 7.0.2 and Outlook 365.

1 REPLY 1

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Jelle Koning - There's additional Answered threads on the community itself with similar requirements and query, refer below thread if it works for you too :

https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/view-question?ContributedContentKey=dbf20a10-9487-4e70-9da5-e29e4594fc21&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=d...

Additionally you can send these messages as attachment to your client or whoever needs to send the email - and they just have to open the saved message and enter required recipient information, which removes the requirement to delete FW everytime.

------------------------------
Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS England, United Kingdom, GB
------------------------------

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar