cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save the Notepad at Desired Location

GauravSuryawan1
Level 3
Hi, I am getting the data from excel file and then writing that data to Notepad. But after writing data to Notepad, I want to save that Notepad file at desired location. What is the easiest way to achieve this one? Any help really appreciated.   Thanks & Regards, Gaurav Suryawanshi.
4 REPLIES 4

SIVA_TEJA_YADAV
Level 3
Hi Gaurav, If you are using a location apart from desired location for Updating Notepad then you can use ""Move File"" under ""Utility-FileManagement"" Thanks, Siva Teja  

GauravSuryawan1
Level 3
Hi Siva, Thanks for your response. But here I am writing the data to Text File using  ""Write Text File"" under ""Utility - File Management"". Then I have to save that file at given location. Because I can see for ""Move File"" required to pass two parameters ""File Path"" & ""Destination Path"". So, here how can I pass the values for these parameter?   Thanks & Regards, Gaurav Suryawanshi

SIVA_TEJA_YADAV
Level 3
Hi Guarav, if you are using  ""Write Text File"" under ""Utility - File Management"" then you can directly give the entire location with the file name in the ""File Name""(Input Parameter) For Ex- ""C:\Program Files\file.txt""   or  You can have a temporary location where in you can work and save the file as above and then you can move it to the destination path once it is done.   Thanks, Siva Teja

GauravSuryawan1
Level 3
Hi Siva, thanks again for the your swift response. Yes, I tried this solution at my end and found it is perfectly working fine. Really appreciated...:)   Thanks & Regards, Gaurav Suryawanshi