cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub - Update DB connection

NicholasHobbs
Level 3
Hi,

I'm in the process of moving the blue prism databases to a new server and can't seem to find a way to update the Hub installation to change the DB endpoint for all the sites (AuthenticatonServer, Hub etc). This is for Blue Prism v7.

Is there a configuration file somewhere I can change?

Many Thanks

Nick

------------------------------
Nicholas Hobbs
Automation Developer
milia.io
3 REPLIES 3

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Nicholas,

The connection string to various databases can be found in appSettings.json file found within each Blue Prism web application folder, e.g. Hub. It is worth noting that the connection string is encrypted. You may follow the steps documented here to descrypt and re-encrypt the strings.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6

Were you able to change this Nicholas? I'm trying to change the connection string as well.  Blue Prism data protection tool works to decrypt and encrypt connections strings, but I can only see that it's Blue Prism database, and can't find connection strings for HubDB, EmailDB, FileDB etc. 

Pranav
Pranav

My bad. I followed the instructions here, and changed all app settings json files and didn't have any issues. I could see all DB strings here. 

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/hub-interact/4-7/en-us/installation/hub-interact-upgrade.htm#UpgradeHubandInteract46toversion47

Pranav
Pranav