cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub based control room Error - Blue prism API and HUB on different server

AbhishekKumar1
Level 5

Hi Everyone,

* Below question seems to be long but it can help in understanding the issue or can help someone else while installing it from scratch *

I Have installed blue prism HUB 4.7, interact, ALM and HUB control room as well, everything is working fine. I have installed it all in one sandbox server for e.g.: HUB DB, HUB, Blue prism API, Blue prism. Also managed to install HUB web-based control room for one environment in the same server by installing blue prism API (Control room plugin dependent to blue prism API). 

As we are aware of blue prism API limitation, that it can be installed only to one environment per server (in installation we need to choose the blue prism DB name) to use Web-based control room.

Now I am trying to extend the capability of blue prism API / control room feature so that I can use it for all other blue prism environment (different blue prism database). For that I have 5 environments for which I am going to need 4 IIS Server (One already configured to HUB server) where I can install blue prism API in order the control room feature. While installing it to 2nd server, I am facing some issues. Below is the configuration has been done my side and by the book –

1. Created new authentication server/ blue prism API service account (Different from 1st environment which worked fine) and linked it to bpserver.exe also checked the connection from client, it worked fine. Also added those HUB service account to blue prism enterprise as well and granted system admin privileges (for sandbox purpose).

2. Checked ports 443 both side and 1433 towards hub/bp database so that it can access the blue prism database from blue prism API server.

3. Opened blue prism API installer using service account which has access to BP database on hub server. Configured the port 443 and entered the site name. Also generated the self-signed certificate as well with that site name, copied the cert to trusted root to make it valid.

4. After selecting certificate name from the drop down in blue prism API installer, setup got completed. After that I have granted access IIS AppPool/ Blue prism API user to certificate private key.

5. In IIS I have changed the app pool user to service account which has access to database also in app pool site I have changed it to pass through authentication (AUTH/AUTHZ were granted). Restarted the site.

6. Added all HUB IP addressed and this server API (URL is different from first working API URL) address and IP address to the host’s file.

7. Same API URL and server address was added towards HUB hosts file as well so that it can communicate to other server IP address and http.

8. As its self-signed certificate, I need to copy (API server certificate) it to HUB as well to make it valid

I have gone through multiple times with this setup, but it didn’t work for me. The error I am getting is attached to this post. Also while accessing control room in hub, it just keep on loading and at last because of timeout, it shows something went wrong. While its working fine for other environment which was configured it by installing API in the hub server.

Any suggestion would be appreciated !!!

Thanks,

Abhishek

1 REPLY 1

Hi Abhishek

Thank you for contacting Blue Prism Community.

I suggest using the browser devtool and when you access to the control room page in Hub, see what error message occurs.

https://balsamiq.com/support/faqs/browserconsole/

Also, several KB articles in the Blue Prism Knowledge Base site https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/home are related to the “Something went wrong” error message, which may help.
Please access and search for the “Something went wrong” error message and refer to them.

Regards

Hossein Azimi

APJ team