cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent failure for exception recover

KT
Level 4

Hi,

I encounter intermittent failures for my Recover3 part where its not being activated on exceptions. Most of the time it goes to the page recover instead. Its like i dont have a block for the process. Happens mostly on unattended mode.

Tried to widen the block and change the recover action again but that did not resolve it. Any pointers to prevent this from happening?

23136.png

------------------------------
K T
3 REPLIES 3

LeonardoSQueiroz
Level 10

Hello,

Make sure you are in recovery mode at the time of recovery.

If an exception occurs in recovery mode, it will throw an exception message on the page. If Exception1 is throwing an exception within recovery mode, it cannot be recovered by the Recover3 stage and throws an exception on the page, which in turn is caught by Recover global.

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
Bridge Consulting
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for the feedback. When i check my logs on this it will just show an error on the Navigate stage then next log entry would be the recovery for the common page. It does not show it pass thru the Recover3 stage

K T

rsrivastava2
Level 5

Hi KT,

First of all, I have faced the same issue. In fact I even face issue where flag is set to true but decision goes to no. 

Anyways, try running this unattended and this should work, no problem.

Also, I must warn you that the exception handling here is not effective.
I'd recommend you to, after Recover3, use Get Exception Details and then use resume straight out of the bat.
After this, only, create further logics like retry etc. 

As Leo mentioned, if anything goes wrong between Recover3 and Resume2, your automation will terminate.

Hope this help!

WeitghtRPAMatey
WeitghtRPAMatey