cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal : Unexpected error the request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

rokkam_saiteja
Level 3

Hi All,
Greetings!!!

I'm trying to automate an application for one of my clients. The requirement is to raise a ticket in SMAX internally. We are trying to use Web API for raising the request. When I run the Get Authentication Token Action facing an issue like "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."

I would be highly obliged if you help me in this regard. Thanks

rokkam_saiteja_0-1714657793090.png

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hello @rokkam_saiteja 

I've seen this scenario previously. Often it has to do with the server certificate not being a valid SSL certificate for any number of reasons such as being expired or even if it's a self-signed certificate. I'd start with checking the status of that cert.

If it turns out to be a self-signed cert, you'll probably need to move to doing this via the HTTP VBO. With that, you could disable certificate checking, but be very careful about that as it does introduce a security vulnerability. Ideally, you should be able to let the owner of the server know there's an issue with their certificate and they'll address it.

Cheers,
Eric

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hello @rokkam_saiteja 

I've seen this scenario previously. Often it has to do with the server certificate not being a valid SSL certificate for any number of reasons such as being expired or even if it's a self-signed certificate. I'd start with checking the status of that cert.

If it turns out to be a self-signed cert, you'll probably need to move to doing this via the HTTP VBO. With that, you could disable certificate checking, but be very careful about that as it does introduce a security vulnerability. Ideally, you should be able to let the owner of the server know there's an issue with their certificate and they'll address it.

Cheers,
Eric

Thanks for your help @ewilson 

I have the checked server certificate which is in active state, and I don't have much knowledge on this. Could you please assist me to solve issue.

rokkam_saiteja_0-1714978155638.png

@rokkam_saiteja 

"Validity Period" doesn't really mean the certificate is valid from the perspective of your machine. We'd need to see the full details of the certificate like who issued it. If it was issued by an internal CA (Certificate Authority) within your company, but your machine doesn't have that CA listed in its root CA list, your machine won't recognize any certificate issued by that CA as valid.

Here's an example. If I look at the certificate tied to the Blue Prism Community site, I can see that it is a trusted certificate and that it's issued by a CA that's listed in my computers trusted CA list.

Seems I can't attach images at the moment. I'll have someone from the Community attach them to this reply. They will show what a valid certificate looks like.

ADMIN EDIT:

1.png

2.png

3.png

Cheers,

Eric

Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

Images added 🙂

Thank you so much for your help @ewilson @Michael_S 

I have attached the screenshots for Certificate root on my machine and also the certificate details of my SMAX URL. How can I find that the certificate listed in my computers trusted CA list

rokkam_saiteja_0-1715076165679.png

rokkam_saiteja_1-1715076212892.png

@rokkam_saiteja 

I don't see Amazon listed in your Trusted Root CA list. If you download the certificate you should be able to right-click on it, I believe, and import it into that store.

Cheers,

Eric

I have downloaded the certificate and import to the Trusted Root Path. Then I try to rerun the process still facing the same issue.

Please find the attached screenshot below:

rokkam_saiteja_2-1715159203664.png

rokkam_saiteja_1-1715158906907.png

Thanks

HI @ewilson  Can you please assist me how to solve this issue. I am unable to move forward.