cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Kill Process Action of Utility - Environment

DhanishKothare
Level 3
Hi,   I am using Process exist to check the whether certain process is running or not and using Kill Process accordingly to kill some applications in the system. It was working perfectly fine, but now suddenly Kill Process is not killing any process and it is also not throwing any error.  Can anyone suggest why such thing is happening and how to solve it.   Thanks in Advance.   Regards, Dhanish Kothare
4 REPLIES 4

david.l.morris
Level 14
What's the error?
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

david.l.morris
Level 14
'not throwing any error' -- Not sure what's wrong with my eyes. Has Blue Prism or the operating system, etc. been updated since it was working previously?  
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I ran into something like this before and found that it was killing a instance, just not the one we needed. Wound up writing a c# code stage to kill all matching instances. Input: proc - Text foreach(Process p in Process.GetProcesses()) {     if (p.ProcessName.ToLower().Equals(proc.ToLower()))         p.Kill(); }

Deep.Shah
Level 6
We had similar experience and what we observed was that on Virtual Machine there were other active user sessions apart from the one with which we were currently logged in and in this case it would pass through kill stage and yet the app on our current session would not be killed. After logging off from all other windows user sessions, it worked as expected killing the application if it exists. Not sure, about why would this happen but this was our observation and maybe it helps!