cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with connecting to a REST service with Bearer Token authorization.

GregoireBurner
Level 2

Hi! I've never done something like this before, so I ask for your understanding right away 🙂 I'm trying to connect to a service where I have to generate a new token each time.I have an example connection configured in the POSTMAN application, but I don't know how to set up a connection in Blue Prism based on that Example below.
31060.png
31061.png31062.pngFirst, I wanted to test the connection with the service itself without generating a token. I generated the token in Postman and copied it into the credentials in Blue Prism. Below is my configuration in Blue Prism, which is not working.
31063.pngI understand that there might be simple errors, but I've already tried many configurations, and this is the latest one. I would appreciate any guidance 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hello @Gregoire Burner,

First thing you'll want to do is create a new credential definition in Credential Manager. You can select a credential type of OAuth 2.0 (Client Credentials). You'll add your Client ID and Client Secret to that credential. You'll also need to set the Access Rights for the credential such that your Web API Service definition will be able to access it.

Once you have that, go back to your Web API Service definition and click on Common Authentication. In the Authentication Type dropdown, select OAuth 2.0 (Client Credentials). Enter your Authorization URI and select the credential you defined in Credential Manager from the Credential dropdown. If you need to add a Scope, you can do so at the bottom.

Now you should be set up for BP to handle the authorization request and token management automatically for you.

Cheers,

------------------------------
Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Great!! It works! Thank you very much for your help.

Gregoire Burner