cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java PopUp Window does not return the control back

SunilK_A
Level 2
I am trying to do automation for a Java Application. The application has a parent window, which has a button that on clicked opens up a new pop-up window. The automation runs till the click of the button but It waits forever until the popup window is closed. So I cannot proceed to the next stage where I interact with the popup window. 
Is there any way that I can stop blueprism waiting for the popup to close and I can continue automating the pop up window by attaching it separately?

------------------------------
Sunil K A
3 REPLIES 3

You can try Global Mouse Click/Global Mouse Click Center or Send Keys to perform the click action if feasible. That might not cause blueprism to wait for the popup to close. This will have to be tested for your application if it works properly.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

This did not work. Any other approaches/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Sunil K A

Hi Sunil

Have you tried using a focus on the button then, instead of a mouse click, trying using a global send keys event to press enter. {ENTER} this might work better than a mouse click, if that doesnt work try re-spying the element with a different spy type. Can you tell us what application you are using? I've seen this before in SAP and the pop up window is preventing the response back to blue prism that the press action is complete.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London