cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java application Spying issue

Pavan_rpa
Level 2

HI Team

I am trying to automate a java application. I was able to spy the element using Java mode and when I tried to spy other element in the same page getting the Spying error. I have installed JAB installer and enabled JAB. I think I have done all the prerequisites required for Java automation.

This is the error I am getting "System.InvalidOperationException: Exception getting Java Identfier KeyBindings Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers) at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)".
Kindly help in Identifying the root cause for this error and actions to be taken to resolve this,

In the same application I'm having the Tree structure which we are not able to spy single element in tree structure. Please suggest the best approach to resolve this.

------------------------------
Pavan sarupuru
RPA Developer
Vodafone Idea
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Pavan,

We have this Knowledge Base article which discusses the cause of this error -- it's usually related to a difference in the "bit-ness" of Java, JAB, and/or the application being automated.

For the other issue you mention, please see "How to spy all the elements in a Java application".

If you're having issues with Blue Prism recognizing elements in a Java application, best-practice advice is to make sure JAB is functional as a first step. You can use the tools mentioned here to reveal any potential issues with JAB. See also, "How to check if my PC is ready to use Java Spy Mode".

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your valuable response, I have checked the Java version which was installed in my PC is V1.8.0_161 64 bit and the JAB version installed is 2.0.2 64 bit.

Could you please suggest what proper action need to be taken, If any one of the version need to be changed or not.

Pavan sarupuru
RPA Developer
Vodafone Idea
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Pavan,

Since you're using 64-bit Java and 64-bit JAB, you'd want to ensure the application you're attempting to automate is also 64-bit. If the application is 32-bit, this can cause of the error and you'd want to instead have 32-bit versions of Java/JAB installed to automate it.

If the bit-ness of Java/JAB/the application being automated are all confirmed to be the same, the next step would be to check that JAB is functioning correctly outside of Blue Prism by using the testing tools linked in the Knowledge Base articles previously linked.

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX