cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep download file in web application

VictorHanauer
Level 2

I have a question, when I press the application download button, a warning pops up astoling me if I want to keep or discard the file, how do I have the blueprism keep the file? I have already changed the browser settings, this warning only appears when it is performed by automation (sorry for any misspelling, im brazilian)

MOD EDIT: Removed all caps from title

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Neel1
MVP
Hello Victor - i was once working on similar case where jnlp file was getting keep/discard option . My IT team fix for me so that that pop up do not come at all and saving some steps for robot.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Victor,

If I understand you correctly, you are downloading a file from the internet, and you browser send a popup asking you to keep or discard the file. In that case you'd have to handle the popup and have the process check for the popup, and click the correct button.

In case this is not really what you meant: attach a picture showing the popup.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Neel1
MVP
Hello Victor - i was once working on similar case where jnlp file was getting keep/discard option . My IT team fix for me so that that pop up do not come at all and saving some steps for robot.

PRASANTHM
Level 5

Hi,

how to handle keep and discard option button when file is downloaded using  selenium webdriver in c# - Stack Overflow

Plz contact your IT Security Team they'll grant the domain to download the files via GP & chrome Policy, Ain't sure you've elevated access so plz contact them

Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer

rabbanir
Level 3

Hi,

I have the same situation where this keep/discard popup shows for a jnlp file.

Do any of you know which policy(s) it is so that it doesn't come up? our IT team tried something but it doesn't seem to have worked since it still comes up some times. If you don't know the policy(s) yourself could you kindly ask your IT team which it is?

Thank you