cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a specific text

Lily.L
Level 5

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie, I need to create a process which look for a specific text.

1. Using spying mode to capture the window screen with the text
  2. If there's a specific (eg: Blue Prism), then click the blue button.  

Can you please help me with the step guided creating process. Many thanks!

35872.png

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Mia - there are different approaches you can take.

One is to spy the element you want and include the text as part of the identity of the element. Below you can see the element is identified as 'the button whose text is Sign In'.

35870.png

Then you can use a wait stage to detect the presence (or absence) of that element - if the wait stage finds the element then click it with a navigate stage.

Another approach is to spy an element without making the text part of its identity. Here for example, a username textbox has been spied, but without specifying what the content of the textbox it.

35871.png

This allows BP to find the element regardless of what its text is. But we can always use a read stage to find the text and then make a decision based on its value.

I hope that makes sense.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Mia - there are different approaches you can take.

One is to spy the element you want and include the text as part of the identity of the element. Below you can see the element is identified as 'the button whose text is Sign In'.

35870.png

Then you can use a wait stage to detect the presence (or absence) of that element - if the wait stage finds the element then click it with a navigate stage.

Another approach is to spy an element without making the text part of its identity. Here for example, a username textbox has been spied, but without specifying what the content of the textbox it.

35871.png

This allows BP to find the element regardless of what its text is. But we can always use a read stage to find the text and then make a decision based on its value.

I hope that makes sense.