cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel VBO - Accessing Handle in Extended object

PraveenKumarC
Level 4

Hi,

I am working on a scenario where sharing MS Excel VBO - Create Instance output handle to another Excel VBO - Extended to call some other custom actions created. I wanted to use the same handle between these two VBO's. 

As soon as the Handle generated from MS Excel VBO - Create Instance and Opening Workbook, I'm passing the Handle, Workbook Name as inputs to the Extended Excel VBO where calling Attach to Workbook page immediate to Start in all custom actions, it helps to attach to the required workbook with the given handle and the action works fine without any issues and then I close the workbook and close instance.

But the instance created by MS Excel VBO - Create Instance is still showing up in system's Task Manager is even after the close instance action and if i re-run the same actions, a new excel process is running in background, however all actions (Mixed with Excel and Excel extended actions) works fine without issues. 

When I called the Close Instance action from MS Excel VBO and MS Excel VBO - Extended VBO at the end in sequence, then only the excel process getting terminated in task manager.

Would like to know how to overcome this and close excel instance without calling it twice.

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @PraveenKumarC ,

PFA to use multiple Excel VBOs,

_AmlanSahoo_0-1711016740854.png

Note:- Make sure to use the release instance for which you are using the open instance and the close instance for the Create instance.

Please let me know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @PraveenKumarC ,

PFA to use multiple Excel VBOs,

_AmlanSahoo_0-1711016740854.png

Note:- Make sure to use the release instance for which you are using the open instance and the close instance for the Create instance.

Please let me know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

Thanks @_Amlansahoo for the reply, the solution provided works. I have added the release instance in my vbo level instead of process like attach detach of excel instance.