cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mainframe Screen - PASSWORD TEXT AREA IS NOT VISIBLE TO SEE WHAT PASSWORD IS TYPED. FAILING WITH BOT TO WRITE PASSWORD AND LOGIN

GurunathKurtkot
Level 2
Mainframe Screen - Am able to type Username which is visible. But for password the keystrokes are not visible. Manually I type the password, it works. But thru Bot, I am not able to get thru. Please suggest . Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Gurunath Kurtkoti
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

I'd create a new object called something like "[System Name] - Win32 Actions"

Create an attach stage that attaches to the window (do not use the mainframe interface).   Create a new action called something like "Send global keys to screen",  and in the action activate the window and use the Global Sendkeys or Global Sendkey Events (try both to see what works) to send the keystrokes to the mainframe.  Set a 0.1 second time between keystrokes whenever using global sendkeys just in case the robot sends them too fast for the application.

Your mainframe interface will then enter the username and then call your new windows action to send global keystrokes for the password which should definitely work because that is replicating what the human does.

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Gurunath,

Try setting the cursor position at the start position of both username and password and then try writing them this would ensure the cursor is at right place and it would reflect as if you click on the fields manually.

Hope this helps... 

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India