cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to open and extract data from downloaded htm file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I have downloaded a file from SAP in htm format. Now I need to extract data from the htm file. So, I tried to run Microsoft Edge using Application Modeler. Then I used navigate stage to launch Edge where I specified the path of htm file. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. Can anyone provide a suitable solution? 

35749.png

35750.png

35751.png

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Ekram,

Try launching as below.

Note that space is encoded as %20 in params

35747.png

If above works then you may refer https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/browser-mode-not-responding-for-a-webpage-with-html-extension if you have issues with spying

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi Ekram,

When you say you want to read from the downloaded htm file, do you mean you want it to open in a browser and then read the content of the browser, OR do you want to open the saved file in Notepad as you would any .txt file and read through the rows of data?

Happy Coding!
----------------
Paul
Sweden

Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Paul,

I have in mind to open the saved htm file in the browser so that I can use the Xpath to extract data.

Idea about opening the htm file in notepad and extracting the data is also interesting. Both concepts (Browser and Notepad) are new to me. It would be great if you could share both concepts.

Regards,

Ekram

PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi Ekram,

In your shoes, I'd open the file in Notepad and see what the data looks like. Then open the same file in a browser and compare the results to what you see in Notepad. Then I'd chose whatever seems simplest to access. My guess would be Notepad. 

Alternatively, there's also a BP native object called 'Utility - File Management' that contains an action 'Read All Text rom File'. It seems to be able to handle whatever flat file data you want to read. So you might want to give this a try. Perhaps this would be the easiest choice. 

Happy Coding!
----------------
Paul
Sweden

Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the info. I will try your solution.... 🙂

Regards,

Ekram

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I tried your solution "Read all text from file". Unfortunately I don't get the exact data. In my case I think it is better to open htm file with brwoser. Then extract data with XPath.

Regards,

Ekram

Hi Ekram,

Try launching as below.

Note that space is encoded as %20 in params

35747.png

If above works then you may refer https://community.blueprism.com/discussion/browser-mode-not-responding-for-a-webpage-with-html-extension if you have issues with spying

Anonymous
Not applicable