cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-standard mainframe application (Vista TN3270)

KieranM
Level 2

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue with a non-standard mainframe application which is used within my organization, Vista TN3270 Tom Brennan Software - Vista TN3270

The application is launched with an .exe file and I have been able to launch the session by defining the BO as a Windows application and passing in the session file name (*.ses file) as a start parameter.

There does not seem to be any relevant API .dll files within the application folder to integrate with Blue Prism. Does this rule out the possibility of any integration with Blue Prism other than surface automation? Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
MVP

Hi Kieran,

Chrck below article whether it helps you to automate .

You need to select based on BP version you are currently using

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-9/en-us/helpMainframe.html

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Kieran,

We have a list of mainframe emulators that have been tested with and are known to work well with Blue Prism documented in our Knowledge Base here: Which Mainframe Emulators are supported by Blue Prism?

For your scenario, you might be able to follow the guidance in this KB here: How do I connect to my uncommon Mainframe Emulator?