cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to Change "From" Field With Outlook or MAPIEX Objects

TLovett77
Level 4
Hello,

We recently changed Blue Prism versions from 6.2.2 to 6.9. Along with this, we updated Office from 2013 to 365. 

I'm trying to resolve an Outlook issue that started when we moved a process over to the new environment. When using MAPIEX or the Outlook VBO, I'm still able to interact with Outlook elements normally, but I'm not able to find the option to change the "From" field using these two objects. I believe the vendors who wrote the process ran into this issue, too, so they created an Outlook object that interacts with the Send window to change the From field. However, during the process of sending the email, I believe Outlook is crashing, resulting in a Drafts folder full of unsent emails.

Is anyone aware of another "backend" object that doesn't rely on using the Outlook interface that I can use to change the "From" field?

Thanks,
Tracy
1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Tracy Lovett,

You can set the value of From and Sender using the Microsoft Graph API for mail, but the values that are specified still have to correspond to the mailbox that's being used to send the message.​ So, if I were sending a message from my company mailbox I would only be able to set the From to my own email address. If I were using a shared mailbox then I would be able to set From to anyone that's a member of that shared mailbox I believe.

Cheers,
Eric