cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Management VBO - Merge PDF issue

Hi Team,

In PDF Management utility from DX to merge PDFs it fails on some PDFs while merging and throw below error message. 

I updated latest PDFSharp DLL but still it error out while merge.

Any idea how to handle this PDF merge?

Also I see in review other folks have noticed the same so trying to find a way out for all of us.

23990.png

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji,

The core issue here is that most of these PDF connectors are based on free/open source PDF libraries, and, as unfortunate as it is, these projects aren't actively maintained. The folks that handle iTextSharp actually moved it to a commercial model, although they do have an AGPL open source licensed community edition. You would definitely want to review the terms of that license before going down that path as there are some source code requirements.

Ultimately, the best way to address PDF processing, when you have no control over what version of PDF you'll be getting, is to go with a commercial library such as Adobe's PDF Services API (which is what the PDF Toolkit uses).

Cheers,
​​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

As alternative i tried to use SabanciDx - Daily PDF Actions from DX which works on itextsharp DLL.

This throw below error upon trying on same PDFs.

23981.png
But document has pages when you open PDF.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji,

The core issue here is that most of these PDF connectors are based on free/open source PDF libraries, and, as unfortunate as it is, these projects aren't actively maintained. The folks that handle iTextSharp actually moved it to a commercial model, although they do have an AGPL open source licensed community edition. You would definitely want to review the terms of that license before going down that path as there are some source code requirements.

Ultimately, the best way to address PDF processing, when you have no control over what version of PDF you'll be getting, is to go with a commercial library such as Adobe's PDF Services API (which is what the PDF Toolkit uses).

Cheers,
​​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thank you Eric,

Finally, we are able to use Adobe PDF Toolkit.

If anyone comes across any issues check out the detailed thread on the PDF Toolkit here.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead