cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance and capacitiy limit (DB-related)

YunaLee
Staff
Staff
I have a DB-related question.
First of all, Is there a document that clearly states which databases can install a Blue Prism server?
Second of all, in the case of MS SQL Express, the document stated that there is a limitation of features in the free version.
Is there any evidence of any functional limitations to using it in a blue prism environment?

In the 5 RR environment configuration examples as shown below, the constraints are only guided as follows.
It is difficult to guide customers because it is not known exactly what the restrictions are.

20708.jpg

Thanks in advance 🙂

------------------------------
Yuna Lee
Solution Consultant
Blue Prism Korea
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Yuna Lee - MS SQL Server Express, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 are few Databases where Blueprism can be installed, also regarding the limitations of Free MS SQL Server Express - Maximum DB size is of 10GB, limited CPU and memory usage are some key limitations.

For more on this refer to the Microsoft documentation : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/sql-server/editions-and-components-of-sql-server-2022?view=sql-server-ver16

Scale limits:

Feature Enterprise Standard Web Express
with
Advanced
Services
Express
Maximum compute capacity used by a single instance - SQL Server Database Engine1 Operating system maximum Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 24 cores Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 16 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores
Maximum compute capacity used by a single instance - Analysis Services or Reporting Services Operating system maximum Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 24 cores Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 16 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores
Maximum memory for buffer pool per instance of SQL Server Database Engine Operating System Maximum 128 GB 64 GB 1410 MB 1410 MB
Maximum memory for Columnstore segment cache per instance of SQL Server Database Engine Unlimited memory 32 GB 16 GB 352 MB 352 MB
Maximum memory-optimized data size per database in SQL Server Database Engine Unlimited memory 32 GB 16 GB 352 MB 352 MB
Maximum memory utilized per instance of Analysis Services Operating System Maximum 16 GB 2

64 GB 3
N/A N/A N/A
Maximum memory utilized per instance of Reporting Services Operating System Maximum 64 GB 64 GB 4 GB N/A
Maximum relational database size 524 PB 524 PB 524 PB 10 GB 10 GB

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Yuna Lee - MS SQL Server Express, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 are few Databases where Blueprism can be installed, also regarding the limitations of Free MS SQL Server Express - Maximum DB size is of 10GB, limited CPU and memory usage are some key limitations.

For more on this refer to the Microsoft documentation : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/sql-server/editions-and-components-of-sql-server-2022?view=sql-server-ver16

Scale limits:

Feature Enterprise Standard Web Express
with
Advanced
Services
Express
Maximum compute capacity used by a single instance - SQL Server Database Engine1 Operating system maximum Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 24 cores Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 16 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores
Maximum compute capacity used by a single instance - Analysis Services or Reporting Services Operating system maximum Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 24 cores Limited to lesser of 4 sockets or 16 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores Limited to lesser of 1 socket or 4 cores
Maximum memory for buffer pool per instance of SQL Server Database Engine Operating System Maximum 128 GB 64 GB 1410 MB 1410 MB
Maximum memory for Columnstore segment cache per instance of SQL Server Database Engine Unlimited memory 32 GB 16 GB 352 MB 352 MB
Maximum memory-optimized data size per database in SQL Server Database Engine Unlimited memory 32 GB 16 GB 352 MB 352 MB
Maximum memory utilized per instance of Analysis Services Operating System Maximum 16 GB 2

64 GB 3
N/A N/A N/A
Maximum memory utilized per instance of Reporting Services Operating System Maximum 64 GB 64 GB 4 GB N/A
Maximum relational database size 524 PB 524 PB 524 PB 10 GB 10 GB

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Hi, Mukesh,

are you sure that you can install Blue Prism on Oracle and IBM DB2? I am not aware of it and I doubt it but you might have some information which I missed. As far as I know only MS SQL is supported.

Thanks for clarification.

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Apologies- I might have got it wrong in confusing Connecting and Installing - we can definitely connect with Oracle DB via OLEDB for DB operations but for installation No Database IBM DB2 and Oracle are not supported.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

I appreciate it! It was what I needed

Yuna Lee
Solution Consultant
Blue Prism Korea