cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Resource goes offline after Logging Out using LA

AhmedAdel
Level 2

Hello All,

We have Blueprism V7 installed and configured the Login Agent.

We encountered an issue 4 days ago and we've been trying to solve it with no luck.

The issue is that when we trigger the logout process on the runtime resource from the control room, the runtime resource goes to offline state and we cannot trigger any other process on it.

Also, when we login manually on the RR, we find the following error35930.png

Does anyone encountered this issue before? 

Kind Regards,

Ahmed

2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Ahmed,

In Blue Prism version 6.6 and above there was a feature added to the 'Logout' task of Login Agent which shuts down the listener of any Automate tasks running. This feature was added to ensure the Login Agent listener started without any user intervention. This was documented as part of the release notes in version 6.6. 

However, as part of this feature, an issue was also introduced that can cause a resource to go offline indefinitely if the Login Agent runtime resource does not currently have a user logged into the machine. This issue is documented as BP-425 and was addressed via codefix in Blue Prism v7.1 and above. If you're not running v7.1+, the workaround described in the BP-425 link above can resolve this behavior and describes an update you can implement to the Logout process to check whether a user is logged in before applying the logout command.

AhmedAdel
Level 2

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your answer.

However, when we trigger the logout process, the Runtime Resource wasn't in logged out state already, it was in Idle state.

So, I don't know if this still the issue we have or am I misunderstood your answer.

To add to what I said, we've tried this morning to run the logout process when the VM is LOCKED not logged out and also the Runtime Resource went to offline state.

Also, I installed Blueprism V7.1 and strangely I didn't find the fix mentioned the document BP-425.

35929.png

Kind Regards,