cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Resource, move from Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2019

ctz9843
Level 4
Hello,
I am starting to investigate moving our RR from Server 2012 to Windows Server 2019.  Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Based on some initials tests I ran, it appears that there will be a a lot of rework needed to get things working.

------------------------------
Dan Svantner
Application Architect
US Steel
America/New_York
6 REPLIES 6

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Not sure what rework you point to in this message. From the Blue Prism site, it is all the same. No additional requirements.
If you are more specific will be better to guide you in the right direction. (in the automations, RR install or requirements, Blue Prism server?)

Just in case, take a look at the following KB articles:

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

Hi Luis,
I am not looking to performing an upgrade of Blue Prism, I am talking about transitioning our Runtime Resource VMs from 2012 OS to 2019 OS.  2012 OS is nearing end of life, so looking to migrate to Windows Server 2019 OS.  Based on my preliminary testing, the windows based applications look different and need respied.  In addition, I am not sure how to bypass the User Account Control that frequently appear that ask if 'you want to allow this app to make changes to your device' and some of the security type of things.

Dan Svantner
Application Architect
US Steel
America/New_York

Hello, 
Did this info help clarify?

Dan Svantner
Application Architect
US Steel
America/New_York

Is anyone using Windows Server 2019 OS on their Runtime Resources?

Dan Svantner
Application Architect
US Steel
America/New_York

Hi @Dan Svantner,

I'd suggest opening a ticket with support, if you haven't already. They should be able to point you to some KB's that may cover O/S upgrades and any changes that may be necessary from the BP side as well as how to deal with user access control prompts.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi,

I'm using WIN 2019 and 2022 RTRs in my practice ENV. regarding the UAC loop IT team for update the GPO with elevated access to suppress the UAC popups

Thanks
Prasanth
Software Engineer | RPA Developer
Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer