cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime resource connection losts

Hello,

What can be the best approach to resolve connection lost to runtime resources?

Use of BAT file to reconnect resource PC works fine but I'm more of looking for an automated solution.

Windows scheduler can help us here to trigger the BAT file but it is a static solution and it will keep triggering resource PC even for the instances when the bot has not lost connection.

So trying to find a way here to tackle the scenario.

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji

Interesting question and a good opportunity for discussion 🙂

We have similar problems in our company. Not only with occasional connection losses but also with performance problems like degradation or processing problems.

The solution for this was creating external alerts to check every 5 minutes the status of the platform. In this way, Nagios was really good, case you can implement alerts and make actions directly in the server depending on the result.

The more complex task here is to design the alert. We have two types

- Robot is alive? -> Checking directly the status of the Runtime Resource. If is disconected we wake up the Resources PC again
- Any process issue? -> For this alert we impliment an external log system. In a database we put the result of the items. If we have high volumen of errors in the last hour, we send an alert to the maintenance team for manual check in.

Hope this helps you!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

@PabloSarabia

Am facing the similar issue of connection lost frequently and am looking to have some alert mechanism incorporated or having an automation solution for a reboot of the bot runner. 
Could you please share how did you implement the below : 
Robot is alive? -> Checking directly the status of the Runtime Resource. If is disconected we wake up the Resources PC again

Karishma Dalal

@KarishmaDalal

Here are a few assets on DX that are worth considering for this

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/runtime-resource-startup-retry-script-2 
https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/blue-prism-resource-pc-monitor 
​​

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

@shashank.kumar280  thank you for the links.
However when  I try to download the asset,  I get the ​below error.  I also  tried to access from my company account after associating my company who is a client for Blue Prism. Still wont allow me and give me the same error. 

Sorry, you do not have access to download this Asset.

Karishma Dalal

@KarishmaDalal Are you able to access any other asset on DX? Is this access issue with only this asset?​​

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

@shashank.kumar280,
Checked the access issue and error message is for all assets on DX.
How do I gain access?  Please guide.

Many Thanks ​

Karishma Dalal