cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save as PDF option in SAP is causing Blue prism to freeze

Neel1
MVP
details for my issue looks like this

-In SAP - print immediately option is checked which is giving the prompt to save file as pdf. when running from bot, 2 pdf are being saved but then blue prism freeze.
-BP is not throwing any error neither it is going to  not responding stage.
-in system - Adobe pdf has been set as default printer.

P.S - On manual operation, this issue is not coming only with bot.

any help in this regard is appreciated.

------------------------------
Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Neeraj,

The action after which BP is getting freezed, if you perform that action using Send Keys or Global Mouse Click, does it still cause BP to freeze?

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi Neeraj

I'm facing a similar issue with both uploading and downloading files from SAP. The error is actually not shown on the current window but when I select the application window I see the error which says "Server Busy" this has 2 buttons one to retry and one to switch to. Neither actually work but the issue is that the process has pressed a button and waiting for a response from sap and sap is waiting for a response from the server so both are frozen. I was trying to find a way of resolving this using sap scripting rather than bp functionality as I think this is likely to be the best way of fixing it. What I want to do is force a release/failure or end of the button press after a defined period of time but so far I havent been able to get a way of getting this to work. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? or possibly any alternatives to the button press (I've also tried using send keys/send keys events {ENTER})

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
NTTData
Europe/London

Hi, Neeraj,

did you read this thread - https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=0db0b792-6c2b-42e7-8afc-75835e750f8c&CommunityKey=9bc0b509-a4ac-4f42-9d09-c5f1e4b92c8d&bm=0db0b792-6c2b-42...?

It may help to resolve the issue. I am using not print to PDF but to TXT and it works flawlessly with more than 20 files in one job. Do you type the file name and directory through SAP scripting or can you try Win32 approach? That could give you some directions for further investigation.

Regards

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hello - Thanks guys for your reply.

I am facing issue when i am saving PDF file. Bot is writing path file and saving the pdf but BP stuck after saving 2-3 files.​

saving to text is not  option as team need in PDF format only.

in parallel, i am exploring bulk auto save of PDF in SAP.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect