cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing

GowthamBopaiah
Level 5
Hii

I wanted to start screen recording as soon as the process begins , so i am using webex recorder app , after launch the recorder popup appears where we need to click on file ,then open application or click on the open application button directly which is below file however this cant be spyied as a single block ,the entire file control panel gets highlighted  ..... , after spying iam nly able to focous on file and click option is not working , Any suggestion reading this please . I have attached the SS
30003.png

------------------------------
Gowtham Bopaiah
8 REPLIES 8

GopalBhaire
Level 10

Hi Gowtham,

You can spy the window in w32 mode and use the 'Select Menu Item' action in the navigate stage and pass menu path as "{File}{Open Application}" .

Thanks

Gopal Bhaire

Thanks for the reply Gopal , Tried that but Iam getting Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate3' on page 'Open file' - Failed to count window's menus error

Gowtham Bopaiah

Hi Gowtham,

If I understand your original question correctly you are able to spy the File menu item, in that case you should be able to use the Global Mouse Click Centre. If that doest work you will have to use the Region mode and identify the button and then use the Mouse Click Center.

Thanks

Gopal Bhaire

only the file cannot be spyied the entire bar like file , console gets spyed , tried in region mode even iam not able to click on that file in region mode

Gowtham Bopaiah

I tried using global send keys but getting below error 

29991.png
29992.png

Gowtham Bopaiah

Hi @Gowtham Bopaiah,

Can you try to use the following steps once:

1) First activate the application window using a 'Win32' element as the first action by using 'Activate' function.

2) Then use '
Global Send Keys' function on the 'Application Root' node (top-most element in your element tree) where you need to use the {ENTER} command.

Reason being Global Send Ke​​ys or Global Send Key Events work most of the time perfectly with application root node elements only. As per your use case though, I believe the challenge is that you need to somehow select an option called as 'Open' within file menu if I am correct. 

For this I would suggest, try clicking the file menu and then use down arrows {DOWN} and {ENTER} command together if you are not able to click on the button directly.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Thank you for the reply  Devneet , tried the changes but the same error

Gowtham Bopaiah

by using activate application or focous I can highlight the file option .but not able to click on it ,tried multiple ways but still not working

Gowtham Bopaiah