cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot not working on BP 6.9 on a GCP Server

ZakariaBouchlih
Level 3

Hi Team, 

I had a process working on a VM hosted on-prem without a problem, during this process I need to take a screenshot and save it on local drive.

When I moved the process to another VM hosted on GCP the screenshot is no more working (I don't receive any error but the screenshot is saved as a Black picture), the process can continue working without a problem but the screenshot will always be black.

I don't know if there is any setting I can enable.

I am using Image Manipulation V1 from VBO, I tried another Object without a success

24980.png

Thank you for your help

------------------------------
Zakaria Bouchlih
8 REPLIES 8

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

It sounds like you've logged into the remote machine using RDP. By logging in via RDP you are locking out the Resource PC user and creating a new desktop session. When you disconnect, the Resource PC is still online and connected, but it has no desktop, and this is why your screenshots are black. Other activities such as Activate and Global Mouse Click will fail for the same reason. A process can still run on the remote machine, provided it does not need to do anything that requires the desktop. This v6 document is still relevant and page 4 in particular will help.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/z-pdf/bpe/remote-access-tools/en-us/blue-prism-6-remote-access-tools.pdf

If you don't have another remote access tool you can use, then you'll need to use Login Agent to restore the Resource PC desktop after you've disconnected your RDP session. This is done by running the Log Off and Log On processes.

John Carter
Blue Prism

Thank you @John Carter for your answer

I am using Login Agent to access the Ressource not RDP

Do you have any idea please why I have this problem even if I am using Login Agent ?

I tried Check Logged in Process and it gives me True

24924.png

Thank you

Zakaria Bouchlih

As an experiment can you try this:

• Create a test process called Take Screenshot
  • Run the Logout process
  • Wait for the RR to be online again
  • Run the Login process
  • Wait for the machine to become logged in and for the RR to be online again
  • Run the Take Screenshot process

John Carter
Blue Prism

Hi John, 
This is what I am doing to run the process normally, but having the same issue

Zakaria Bouchlih

Hi @John Carter, any other suggestion please ?

Zakaria Bouchlih

Hi Zakaria

If the DW is in the 'no desktop' state I mentioned, Check Logged In will still return True. This is why I suggested the Log Off > Log In > Screenshot experiment. But if you have done this, then perhaps the problem is something else. Could there be something wrong in the VBO?

John Carter
Blue Prism

Hi @John Carter,

It's the same VBO I used on a VM hosted on-prem and it's working.

Some guys suggested that I Disable Windows SmartScreen on my VM but I found it already disabled, I don't know if you know some special configuration on Windows Server VMs to fix the issue

thank you

Zakaria Bouchlih

Hi Zakaria, sorry I don't know

John Carter
Blue Prism