Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous execution of multiple processes

HongJooChoi
Staff
Staff

Hi, Community

Can anyone clarify? What is the criteria that one Runtime Resource can execute multiple processes simultaneously? 

Please see my test below and let me know if this approach to test it is incorrect.

At the first glance, I thought it would be depending on the Business Object's Run Mode such as Background, Exclusive, etc. But it seems not to do with it based on my simple test as shown below.

1)  Setting the Run Mode of the Business Object to "Exclusive"

30049.png
2) Create a process that's using that Business Object, allocate the process to one Runtime Resource multiple times.

30050.png

When the Run Mode of the Business Object changes to "Backgroun", the result was same.

Best regards

------------------------------
HongJoo Choi
5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

I've tested this before and it was not letting me run multiple sessions. I retried today same as you mentioned using Utility - General and it does not allow to the creation of more than 1 session due the object being in Exclusive.

30033.png

Wondering why not working for you!

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

You may have already checked but if you can look into the Dependency once again to confirm that there is no other object being used anywhere in the process.

30036.png

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

Hi, @Tejaskumar_Darji 

Thank you for the response.
Yes, I did double check the Dependences. The test logic itself is as simple as it's shown below.

30040.png

Regards

HongJoo Choi

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi HongJoo,

Have you reviewed the requirements for Blue Prism to be able to run multiple processes in parallel on a single resource?

Also, not sure if you will find this useful but you may want to review the Guide to Dynamic Process Execution on our Portal to see if this may help meet your requirements.

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Hi, @SteveBoggs 

Thanks for the link. Yes, I've reviewed it once before but it looks not that much to do with the current issue that I'm facing.

In the meantime, I spotted the 'Run mode' of the Process is not properly updated in the database while the 'Run mode' of the only Business Object used by that process changes e.g., from "Exclusive" to "Background" and vice versa. I think there needs to be a deep-dive on this and raised a ticket. 

Best regards

HongJoo Choi