cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow AA read stages in control room but not in debug

JohanLorentzon1
Level 2

Hello,

I have a process with an action which reads a set of text fields in an application using AA. 

My issue is that the text fields are read super fast in debug (all of them in <1 sec) but super slow when the process is run from control room where it takes ~7 sec per text field. 

To be noted, the action is fast in debug in multiple environments including production and the tests have been done on the same machine which runs the process to eliminate machine-specific causes.

Also worth mentioning is that the attributes "Match Index" == 1 and "Invisible" == False are used in the text field's element mapping to ensure robustness as the application is a multiwindow-application, meaning that multiple windows could exist within the application with the same elements (and attribute values). This is however not the case in the process as all other windows are closed in a previous step.

I have no idea on what to do to resolve this issue and would very much appreciate and guidance.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Johan,

Can you please share the screenshot of this element from application modeler. 

Regards,

Athiban

JohanLorentzon1
Level 2
35651.png

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay. can you please uncheck all the parent attributes and try once.

Regards,

Athiban

JohanLorentzon1
Level 2

No worries! Just for my understanding; how could the parent attributes have a +10x impact on the speed of reading the fields? And why is it only a problem when running the process from control room?

Hi Johan,

Usually spying in AA mode will result in having a large number of elements in the application modeler. BP starts finding the required element by traversing through the entire AA application model and then it starts matching the element based on the match index mentioned. Most of the time the interface delay is caused due to this large application model size. I am not sure why it works faster in Debug mode and runs slower from control room. As a best practice, we should uncheck the parent attributes and invisible elements as well. Hence, I suggested to uncheck the parent attributes. Alternatively, you can follow the below best practices in the wait stages to avoid the large delays.

35655.png