cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit Interact Form Without Installing Interact End Client

SalmanShaik1
Level 5

Hi Team,

We have a use case where the business has to submit a form using Interact but they are not ready to install the Interact End Client in their system and that form is related to different clients across the regions so we can't install the Interact End Client application in all the client machines (across the different regions).

Do we have any other way to submit a form without installing Interact in a client machine?

Like by the help of browser we can login from any system using the interact credentials and submit a form from anywhere?

------------------------------
Salman Shaik
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer". Thanks & Regards, Salman Shaik
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Zdenek and Tejaskumar,

I have an update on this, if we setup hub with default settings as provided in the installation guide then it will be available only in local and cannot be reached by anyone from outside but there are some steps which we need to follow during installation which setup it as a internal website. So, others can also reach it via a web browser.

Since it would be an internal site it may require a VPN for some users it completely depends upon your company's infrastructure.

I hope we got the conclusion now.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Salman Shaik

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer". Thanks & Regards, Salman Shaik

View answer in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hello, Salman,

I am not sure that I understand your use case. You are saying to "install the Interact End Client in their system" but there is no Interact End Client. You install Interact on a server and clients/users are accessing it through the browser. You do not need to install anything on a user desktop. As long as users can login with their credentials they can access interact from anywhere, of course, taking account security then they may need to be on VPN but that is all.

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdenek,

Yes, recently I got to know that no installation is needed from client end. but i have few questions here.

1. Authentication Server installation is mandatory for using interact?
  2. Windows Server 2019 Data Center is compatible with Interact?

Salman Shaik

Hi, Salman,

Authentication server is optional. It is only required if you intend to use SAML 2.0 authentication for your users. If you plan to use the build in authentication you do not need it, however, in case you plan to have hundreds of users you should go with this option.

Windows Server 2019 Data Center is supported. See this link https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/hub-interact/4-7/en-us/installation/install-hub-software.htm?tocpath=Hub%7CInstalling%20Hub%7C_____5

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdenek,

Thanks for Replying. As we are using Blueprism 7.0.2, but the Authentication Server requires 7.1.2 or later so i was checking whether we can neglect the Authentication Server installation or not. So as per your response we can neglect it. As i can see in the software requirements document its mentioned as Windows Server 2019 only, does it apply same to the Windows Server 2019 Data Center as well?

29961.png

Salman Shaik

Hi, Salman,

I checked comparison of Server vs. Datacenter - Comparison - and I would expect to be working on both as I could not find any significant differences affecting Hub/Interact. You can give it a try on your platform or ask BP Support.

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdenek,

Yes, there are no significant differences found between the two versions. I will check with BP Team for further clarification.

Salman Shaik

I think you are looking for an online platform to submit the form which should initiate some sort of API call and create a BP work item in the machine.

If anyone wants to submit a form then definitely they need to have the whole setup installed on the machine, isn't it? because hub/interact is a complete off-grid local server setup that does not involve an active internet connection. There can be a VM and VPN setup but to access the interact URL you need to be in the intranet where it is deployed whether you are accessing it directly or via a VM.

I mean users can not just go to the URL, browse, and submit it from any machine.

Just saying, I might be wrong here. Not an infra expert.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead

Hi Tejaskumar,

Yes, I am looking for the same whenever a user submits a form it should create an item in the Queue which was previously mapped to the particular form.

I am also having the same doubt without being on the same intranet how can a user from outside network can communicate with the Hub/Interact? But as per the Zdenek's statement its possible. I guess we have to provide SSL authentication for the URL which we create for the Hub in our environment.

I am not sure about infra setup how the Hub is receiving data from Interact Form.

I have another question here I will be creating a form which would be same for all the 100 users and assigning it to 100 users who are at different geographies if they want to submit the same form at the same time are they able to do it? else they have to come one by one?

I know that if a form is assigned to a group, then only one member from that group can access the form for others it will show that particular user is editing the form.

@Zdeněk Kabátek knows better on this!!!!

Salman Shaik

The UX builder product that is part of Chorus is I guess an online web-based form builder.

That should fulfill today's requirement for the forms once it is available to use. Yet to explore more on that.

Check roadmap here 

https://www.blueprism.com/products/ux-builder/

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead