Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation - Uniform Option not working

HongJooChoi
Staff
Staff
Dear Community

I've got the following issue while working with Advanced Training for Surface Automation as below:
What I wanted to do is just simply check the left red box and if it's not Uniform Color, move downward.
In this practice, the circle image in the red box stays around 1 second and disappears.

13686.png
But the Wait stage doesn't detect the left red box as NOT Uniform Color , which is configured as below:
I have followed the guide faithfully. Do you have anything to suggest to check out?

13687.png
FYI, I spied the left red box region as image with its windows title set to wildcard as below: 

13688.png

Regards

------------------------------
HongJoo Choi
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi HongJoo - in situations like this where you are not sure if the wait is 'telling you the truth', it can help to use temporary Read stages to capture the region in an image data item, so that you can see with your own eyes what the wait stage is seeing. Maybe have 3 Reads: one before the wait, one after the timeout and one on the wait condition branch. And because the region is small, it might be necessary to save the image as a file so you can open it in Paint and scale it up.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi, John

Thank you for the response.

Actually, I have tried to read the image before the Wait stage, from which nothing could be seen.
Now, I have tried three times : before wait, on wait, after the timeout.
Please see the below: From to top - before wait / on wait / after timeout.

13656.png

AS I run the process, at least I could see clearly that the circular image was running when the process is on the read stage before entering the wait stage.

13658.png

Best regards

HongJoo Choi

Hmm OK, that is strange. If you like we can connect next week to look at the issue together.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi HongJoo,

The colour inside the box seems to be FDFDFD (off white) rather than FFFFFF. I would suggest to try putting FDFDFD in the colour parameter.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

Hi, Shashank 

Thank you for your help !
It did work by changing the background color from "FFFFFF" to "FDFDFD".

One strange thing is that the background color is actually "FFFFFF" and the second Wait stage should be left as "FFFFFF" not "FDFDFD". 
Why does two wait stages recognize the same background color differently? and How could we know that the color can be even different from  what's said by the painting tool?

13680.png
Best regards

HongJoo Choi