cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab delimited Text file into Collection

UvarajThangavel
Level 4
Hi, I wanted to load the Tab delimited Text file values into a collection. Do anyone have any suggestion?
5 REPLIES 5

NevilleWatson
Level 4
Use the Excel VBO.  Unfortunately you will have to edit the code stage to switch on Tab delimited and turn of comma delimited.  The option is there in the code, but no input is provided to set the value from the object.

UvarajThangavel
Level 4
Hi neville.watson, Thanks for your suggestion. 

I happened to have the same problem. I duplicated the Page "Save Workbook As" and edited the duplicate. 

It was a simple edit in Row 7

wb.SaveAs(filename,20)

just adding ,20 made Excel export in the right file format. (tab separated text)

Unfortunately it brought another problem with it. It changed the date format.

When I save the file manually it always saves in the right date format DD.MM.YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY:

manual save result:
Kostenst. Kostenart Kostenartenbezeichn. Bezeichnung Per FIBK RefBelegnr Wert/BWähr Erfaßt am
561 762500 Beiträge Fachverb. BVK - Beitrag 2021 001 8000 417 618,00 08.12.2020

saved by blueprism codestage result:

Kostenst. Kostenart Kostenartenbezeichn. Bezeichnung Per FIBK RefBelegnr Wert/BWähr Erfaßt am
561 762500 Beiträge Fachverb. BVK - Beitrag 2021 001 8000 417 618.00 12/8/2020

Does anyone have a hint how I can force using the DD.MM.YYYY date format when using the codestage "save workbook as" ?

------------------------------
Marco Matuttis
Robot Process Automation Developer
INTER Krankenversicherung AG
Mannheim

May be you can try loading the data into Excel and then Convert text to Columns  and finally get it into the collection.

MuraliKrishna
Senior Consultant - Automation Developer

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Uvaraj Thangavel,

You might take a look at the Utility - Strings VBO available on the Digital Exchange. There is an action called Get Delimited Text As Collection that will take your delimited text and return it as a Collection. You can specify the delimiter as part of the input.

Cheers,
  ​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange