cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminations from processes when ran from Scheduler

RyanClear
Level 2
I have certain processes that only terminate when running from the scheduler. The actions that throw the errors are consistent, meaning they fail at the same action every time, but they are different actions between the process. These processes run on different schedules and are not related in any way other than that they fail only when running from the scheduler. When we launch the process from the control room on the same runtime resources that are assigned in the scheduler, these errors do not occur. 

Process 1:
ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Select Options on main page' on page 'Write Server and Clear Cache' - Could not identify process owning the current foreground window

Process 2:
ERROR: File Not Found : File: \\domain.com\SharedData\Files\Config.xlsx does not exist or is not a file

Has anyone had a similar issue or could point me to something to help diagnose the issue? I'm not seeing anything useful in the Blue Prism application log - just the termination from the process.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hi Ryan,   there is a great search function in this community portal (at the top right of the screen),  if you search for 'Foreground Window'  you will find lots of threads and responses about what you are seeing.
To summarise most of the other threads - you get foreground window errors when the foreground window does not exist,  and that happens when the screen does not exist because it is locked/timed out which can happen for numerous reasons related to how you log into the desktop (login agent usage)  or the virtualisation tools you are using (the desktop must be set up to be persistent even when you are not connected to it,  tools like RDP are not recommended in Blue Prism virtualisation guides).

Hi @RyanClear

I had this issue previously and it was because the temporary set up we were using was creating too many remote connections to the machines and it was usually things like Activate, focus etc that this error appeared. Can i ask how your resource machines are set up? are these virtual machines or physical? are they always on and you are using unlock screen instead of login? If you are using the unlock screen instead in login then you may be creating persistent connections to the machine and you are seeing this error because the process cant identify which connection is attempting to do the action. 

There is one way to see how many connections there are to the machine, open a command line and type the following qwinsta /server:{IP address of the resource machine} if you see RDP-TCP connections with multiple connections then this could be the issue. If there are multiple remote connections then if you change to use logout and login then this should clear all connections.