Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'The transaction log for database 'PbluePrismDevDB' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP'

john.hammond
Level 6
Hi all.

Our team are currently getting the error below:

'The transaction log for database 'PbluePrismDevDB' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP'

No users who have access to the Dev environment can do anything, because this message continually pops up when clicking anything. Myself, I have rebooted and now cannot even gain access.

The only thought that I have at the moment is that we have archiving set as Manual. As far as I know, this has not been completed for a while, so I would imagine that the SQL database is too big for Blue Prism to handle. However, my understanding is that running any archiving operation would not currently be possible (due to not being able to interact with the database, and the default path for the archiving sequence is a location that is no longer accessible), unless we ran it through a command line - however again, with this, the default location is used, which is no longer accessible.

We're kind of at a loss as to what to do now! Any suggestions?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi John,

This error comes from the underlying SQL Server database Blue Prism runs on. There is little you can do from the Blue Prism application to turn this around. You must reach out to your DBA for assistance, and I would suggest you do so as soon as possible.

The error should be pertaining to the transation log file has reached its set capacity and not able to grow further. A common practice is to back up your SQL Server transaction log file often so space within the transaction log file gets reused. You can alternatively increase the limit of the transaction log file size so it can grow bigger. This is something your DBA should be able to advise as to what is the best option for your organisation.

Hope this helps.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi John,

This error comes from the underlying SQL Server database Blue Prism runs on. There is little you can do from the Blue Prism application to turn this around. You must reach out to your DBA for assistance, and I would suggest you do so as soon as possible.

The error should be pertaining to the transation log file has reached its set capacity and not able to grow further. A common practice is to back up your SQL Server transaction log file often so space within the transaction log file gets reused. You can alternatively increase the limit of the transaction log file size so it can grow bigger. This is something your DBA should be able to advise as to what is the best option for your organisation.

Hope this helps.