cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout Error while importing a bprelease from commandline using AutomateC.exe

AdityaPradhan
Level 3
Hello All,

I am trying to import a .bprelease file using the commandline utility AutomateC.exe. My command is executed as part of a cmd script. the command as below:

"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\AutomateC.exe" /sso /dbconname XXXXX /importrelease "YYYYYYYYYYY.bprelease"

I have successfully tested this with multiple release files but with smaller size. When I try it with a file of size 10 MB then I get the following error after completing the import till 43%:

Failed to import release: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Is there a size limit to the bprelease files that can be imported from commandline? If not what else could be going wrong?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you all for your time and effort.

Thanks and regards,
Adi

2 REPLIES 2

henrynli
Staff
Staff
Hi Adi,

I would suggest you to log a ticket with support when possible providing as much details as possible. There could be database issue if you did not perform DB maintenance for long time.

Henry

AdityaPradhan
Level 3
Hi Henry,

Thank you for your response. I can confirm the DB is regularly maintained and data is archived periodically. After posting this question, I tried to remove an object from the package and the size came down to 8 MB. The 8 MB .bprelease file was imported successfully. Then I created a separate release package for the single object of 2 MB and that too was imported successfully from the cmd script. This has prompted me to question if there is a known size restriction while importing releases using the command line utility AutomateC.exe

I will create a support ticket for the issue as well. Any other thoughts or suggestions will be welcome. 

Thanks and regards,

Adi