cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Spy - Windows Desktop Application

SaranshSaxena
Level 2

Hi Community,

I am trying to automate a desktop application(.exe). On spying , none of the application elements are getting identified. 

I have tried using all the available spy modes i.e Win32, UIA, AA and only the application windows are getting highlighted. The application has to be scrolled to do read and write operations so I am trying to avoid Region mode.

------------------------------
Saransh Saxena
4 REPLIES 4

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Saransh Saxena - Just to double check - have you tried doing - Open UI Automation Navigator and check for elements in there ? 

UI automation navigator

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Yes , I have checked the Open UI Automation Navigator for elements, it only contains Menubar, Titlebar elements.

Saransh Saxena

Hi @Saransh Saxena - I have tried doing - Open UI Automation Navigator - Switch to Raw View - Typed in the Element Text and was able to check the element/Highlight the element.

24174.png

Just in case - can you open other windows app - for e.g. Calculator and check if that works with UIA/AA - I just wanted to be sure if this happening for every windows application or just this one ? 

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Babjee24
Level 7

Hi Saransh,

Before spying try attaching to the application. If the application is not attached this issue generally appears up. If this doesn't work try launching the application from Blue prism launch action and then try spying elements.

Hope this helps...

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India