cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create password for admin - BP Learning Edition 7.2.1

SrinivasAkula1
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I've downloaded a blueprism learning edition (version 7.2.1) with a 90 days of free license yesterday. 

I've installed the software and when it's done it asked me to create a password for the admin user (please find the attached screenshot). 

I'm trying to create a new password but the problem is the password rule is saying that the password should be of more than 8 characters but surprisingly that screen itself (password text box) is not allowing me to enter/type more than 5 characters. It's a deadlock and I can't move further. I didn't even reach the step to enter the license. 

35858.png

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,

Srinivas

5 REPLIES 5

TusharVarshney
Level 5

Hi Srinivas, Please try with pasting directly.

Tushar Varshney Senior Consultant - Intelligent Automation Ernst & Young India +91-9880188366

Hi,

While login to the blueprism for the first attempt provide user as 'admin' and password as 'admin' (this is default password set by bp) and then later you can go to system setting tab and then you can change the same as per your wish.

Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

GabrielaMoya
Level 2

As someone else said, try to write it somewhere else and then paste it. Maybe is just showing five dots because of safety reasons too.

harish.m
Level 12

Hi srinivas,

If you are unable to enter or close the blue prism instance it might need to forcefully close from task manager.

Restarting blue prism instance is the best option.  In the older version admin password might work but in the later version bp forcefully ask to enter password 8 or more characters.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

SrinivasAkula1
Level 2

Thank you everyone for taking your time to reply and looks like the issue is resolved when I pasted the password directly onto the password textbox. 

Of course, the issue is weird but thank you so much for the quickest resolutions. 

Regards,

Srinivas