cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text to JAVA form

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I can do the following with my JAVA Form (Oracle E-Business Suite): - Spy elements - Identify elements - Click buttons - Focus on fields I cannot however do: - Write to fields - Sendkeys to fields I receive the following error when i try to write to JAVA fields: - Call to setTextContents failed. Error attached. Anyone else had this issue? I have JAB installed. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Try clicking or focusing the edit fields and then seeing if your Write field works. I have come accross some Oracle Applications in the past where some kind of internal validation within the application prevented text entry if the field was not active.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes i have tried focusing first however it is not working. I can use send text now so will continue with that. Thanks.

Hi pierreax, How did you manage to make it working? I'm struggling with this same issue...

DukeAmes
Level 3
Oracle E-Business Suite Automation 1. Using Blue Prism Java Access Bridge 2. Blue Prism Object Application Modeler/Application Name: MyOracleApp 3. Spy Input (textbox) Element - (named MyInputElement for this example) 4. Add Navigate Stage to Object 5. Add first Action to Navigate Stage: Element = MyInputElement, Action = Global Mouse Click Centre 6. Add second Action to Navigate Stage: Element = MyOracleApp, Action = Global Send Key Events, Inputs: Value = (search Knowledge Base for Global Send Keys for details on how to format Send Keys values)

EllenBrander
Level 2
I am using click in the field then i am sending keys. Thanks.

Hi Pierre, I wonder if you can answer me about how to fix this problem? thank you

------------------------------
Marwa Kanjou

I'm using senkeys and its working fine as expected.

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia