cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to spy application in Chrome intermittently/Restart fixes the issue

AmandaWunderlin
Level 2
We have been having an issue over the last few weeks with a number of our processes being unable to spy applications in Chrome. It does not happen every day, but often in a cluster of days then no issues for a week or so. The issue can hit 1 to many of our VMs and a restart seems to fix the issue. Without a restart though, the processes run on that machine that interact with Chrome will fail at the Chrome application until the machine is restarted.

Anyone else seeing this behavior and, if so, any fix besides restarting the machine?

Thanks in advance,
Amanda
1 REPLY 1

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff

Hello Amanda

Depending on the version, Blue Prism uses a fixed port while communicating with the browser extension of a browser. Now, when the user is shifting from Debug mode on to running the Process in the Control Room on the same machine then the port is not released sometimes and then user starts getting the sort of issues that you are experiencing at the moment. Now when you restart the machine then the port is released and the user gets rid of the issue as well.

The best way to deal with this situation would be to keep your local machine (where you run the processes in debug mode) and the Virtual Machine (where you test the processes in the Control Room i.e. unattended mode) as separate. So, whenever you are developing and testing the process, do it on your local machine i.e. same machine as the Interactive client and whenever you have to run the process in the Control Room then use a separate VM. I hope this will help you with the situation.

Regards
Karan Sareen
Blue Prism