cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating an element in a Collection - getting "Can't access collection - out of scope

Afternoon everyone

I think I may be missing something obvious here, but I am in a loop working through a [Patients] collection and need to change an element/item in that collection to show what new info has been found.

I have checked that the field exists, and it does:35955.png

I have also read the contents (original status) and build a new data item for what will be (Current Status)

35956.png

But when I try the 3rd step above, I get  this error:

35957.png

Things I have checked so far:

1. I have given the collection a new name so that it is unique within the process i.e. not [Data]
  2. I have made the collection visible across all of the pages
  3. 35958.png
  4. Saving and closing Blue Prism to have a fresh, clean instance when stepping through the automation

I think it may be that it doesn't like doing Collection manipulation at the Process Studio level - I have found this to be the case with some of the EXCEL VBOs that only work properly when run at the biz object level. But I really want to avoid having to build an object just to run another object.

What else can I try and what have a missed/forgotten to do?

Many thx

Ian

Ian Meldrum Senior RPA Developer Royal Surrey NHS FT UK
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

MichealCharron
Level 7

@Ian_At_RoyalSurrey

Don't put square brackets in the "Store In" column. The multi-calc can only store data into a Data Item or Collection so it doesn't need the square brackets to distinguish it as so.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichealCharron
Level 7

@Ian_At_RoyalSurrey

Don't put square brackets in the "Store In" column. The multi-calc can only store data into a Data Item or Collection so it doesn't need the square brackets to distinguish it as so.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Thanks Michael, I also needed to not have any quotes 

Ian Meldrum Senior RPA Developer Royal Surrey NHS FT UK