cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using For Each to assign collection to collection data item

Working in Blue Prisms vb.net environment and currently building out an LDAP VBO utility. I have the below code, it will return the list of users in an AD Group i.e. samAccountName, givenname & surname.

My namespace imports used are:

System
System.Drawing, System.Data
System.DirectoryServices
System.Collections.Generic

My issue is with trying to loop through the resultset and store each row of data returned in my final collection data item, colResults.

I know I'm working with a collection and I'm aware that what I'm doing in my For Each loop is not correct, i.e. compile error:

"String cannot be converted to System.Data.Datatable"

But I'm unable to resolve.

I've attempted to rewrite and use an index but syntactically I can't use .Count with my Properties.SearchResultCollection.

Dim de As New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" + Path)
Dim ds As New DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher(de)
Dim srCol As DirectoryServices.SearchResultCollection
Dim sr As DirectoryServices.SearchResult

'Try and assume success
Success = True

Try

ds.Filter = "(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=" + GroupDN + "))"
    ds.PropertiesToLoad.Add("givenname")
    ds.PropertiesToLoad.Add("sn")
    ds.PropertiesToLoad.Add("samAccountName")

srCol = ds.FindAll()

For Each sr In srCol
        If Not sr.GetDirectoryEntry.Properties("name").Value Is Nothing Then
            colResults = (sr.GetDirectoryEntry.Properties("givenname").Value.ToString())
            colResults = (sr.GetDirectoryEntry.Properties("sn").Value.ToString())
            colResults = (sr.GetDirectoryEntry.Properties("samAccountName").Value.ToString)
        End If
    Next
Catch e As System.Exception
    Success = False
End Try
--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by GpioNelson.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
0 REPLIES 0